Monday, February 12, 2007

2007 stratford nighthawk

Our very first "sled" – race ever.
Saturday 02/03, First day 6” fresh snow, which was very soft but hard to run on for the dogs. And they have beautiful scenic trails up there! What a nice views! The 15miles (which were actually just 11.5 according to my gps) had in the beginning light hills to climb on but nothing bad.
The Sunday was almost perfect with groomed, hard trails. But after 38 teams in front of us it wasn’t so hard anymore :). Crisp cold with -18°C + wind but not to cold to run. I had a lot of fun and for that that we are a team of two puppies, a multiple injured lead dog and a showy stubborn fluffy I'm proud of my guys with the 12th place in the mostly 6dog class. In fact I did a lot of running too so I felt like the fifth dog :) Someone told me it looks like canicross with 4dogs and a sled between us. I always use a skijoring belt and a skijoring-bungee-line to be hooked up to the sled. that way I don't loose the team, they just drag me :)

here some impressions from the stake out and the trail:



and here some more pictures.

0 comments: