Sunday, August 19, 2007

late summer training

Fall training is around the corner. One can smell it. And you can hear it, when the dogs play like crazy at 4:30 in the morning. The mornings are cooler now with temps around 45-55°F; not perfect for real training but cold enough for some hook ups.

The early morning training runs in August are always more something for the soul and the spirit of the dogs and of course for me too. I keep the runs short starting with 2-3miles. These runs bring back the routine in hooking up the dogs.

We still have no rig so I go out twice with the mountain bike. That's still ok for those short distances but very soon I have to increase the distance to 5miles and later in October to 8-10miles.

At that time I hope the rig is here and the training will be easier.


0 comments: